Sunday, September 15, 2013

a Trendy Teen Table that Travels


     Recently my daughter has been looking for a new bedside table with ample storage for all her collections. She, unlike me, likes everything new, trendy and hip. All of which ends up costing a pretty penny. So when I came across a vintage suitcase at the thrift store for $2 and a TV table for $1. I knew just what to do.
   
    I predrilled four holes inside on the bottom of the suitcase. I then attached it to the top of the TV table using 1" wood screws. I wanted to make the table portable so I made sure that the handle was facing on the top side of the table when folded down. I gave her a fresh coat of Satin Sherwin William paint in Overt Green SW 6718 and painted the handle a raspberry purple that complimented the colors in her curtains.  I added some garage sale dog bookends that got a fresh coat of turquoise Rustoleum spray paint.  IT was that simple!



1 comment:

  1. Those dog book ends are so cute. I love how paint can transform so much.

    ReplyDelete